Search engine optimization (SEO) may seem like a science to some, but it is entirely understandable way to advance your website. Done right and your site will find its place online. Fortunately, the steps to implement the best SEO ideas represents a fairly straightforward process, once you discover the easier ideas to implement.
- Alt tags matter. If you share pictures with your articles, “alt” tags are a way to enhance SEO. By filling out each tag, you can include a keyword or phrase related to your article, giving you an important optimization advantage.
- Update broken Wikipedia links. Wikipedia is the world’s encyclopedia. As such, it is a minefield of usable information. Unfortunately, links do break and they’re rarely fixed. Instead of making the repairs on your end, consider what information contained on the site should reference an article you wrote. Certainly, you need to provide the appropriate link for Wikipedia, but that shouldn’t be too hard. After all, you’re already talking about that subject.
- Provide superior content. With thousands of new articles uploaded to the Internet every minute, there are bound to be winners and losers among them. You can ensure your site offers only the winners by supplying peerless content at all times. The search engines, especially Google, puts a premium on excellent content. This means writing original content based on careful research. This also means editing your work, referencing other sources as needed, including the appropriate links and photos, and ensuring your content is always the best it can be. Aim for articles of at least 600 words long.
- Use your keywords and similar words. It is important for website owners and managers to know the keywords useful for each site. Likely, you have a fairly long list of words and are incorporating these within your articles, including the titles, sections, and throughout your stories. At the same time, it is important to cultivate keywords you might not be using, including those similar to the ones you’re already using. To that end, use Google’s keyword planner to find those words and add them to the mix.
- Employ an effective link-building strategy. It isn’t important the number of links you get to point to your site. What is important is the quality of those links. Links from authoritative sites are much better than links from run of the mill sites. Build a relationship with website managers to win links to your site. You can do this by reaching out directly, providing industry advice, consenting to an interview, and the like.
- Your reputation matters. You already know that what people think about you is important. Not that you should mold yourself into someone else’s image of you, rather to always come across as responsible, trustworthy and reliable. Your reputation as a website owner should be beyond reproach. This means the information you share should be accurate, up to date, and interesting. Never take short cuts in a bid to reach SEO success. If you employ shady or black hat strategies, you’ll play the consequences. Google’s sophisticated algorithm can spot trends. Human intervention can identify sites that cut corners.
- Measure your progress. Your best SEO efforts matter little unless you measure and quantify your progress. Tools such as Google Analytics are ideal for those measurements, providing accurate and worthy information to help you gauge a site’s progress. Learn how customers are finding your site, discover what they do when they are on your site, and work on ways to keep them around longer. Always include a call to action within your articles.
Now that you know seven important SEO ideas for small businesses, it is important that you incorporate them as soon as possible. By taking the time to implement same, your business will benefit, bringing new customers your way and otherwise engendering loyalty from them. If you need help, then please check out this SEO company list to find a professional to assist you.